Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
jonk540
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When travelling 77 north through Akron there is a lake on the left side.
What is it? I've only ever seen a few boats out there.
Is there any shore fishing?
Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you are talking about the section west of the central interchange where 77 and 76 are combined, its Summit Lake. I believe there is shore fishing. There are several posts about it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yes summit lake is awesome for bass.not many boats come out on it,the most i seen was a couple at a time.there is alot of good shore fishing spots due to the tow path trail just put in.use power bait worms the pumpkinseed color and you will kill the bass out there.

·
fishfinder1
277 Posts
The towpath built on summit lake is not easy to fish from. The fence is about 8ft high, I don't think the city had fishing in mind when they built it. The lake is no wake, unlimited hp. It is an urban lake in a high crime area, with decent bass fishing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
lol an urban lake in a high crime area...that's funny.I live right on the lake and i have never had a problem.i'm talking about the whole trail they put in there not just the floating part that goes under the Kenmore blvd bridge.yes the floating part is very hard to fish from but if you fish from the paved trail there are lots of spots to fish from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts