close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Akron carp tournament

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by The Kernel, Sep 28, 2005.

1. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

A modest and friendly get together to discuss the future of competitive carp angling in Ohio..with cash prizes.

October 15th at Firestone Lake, Warner Rd, Akron

8.00 am meet, fish 9-5, 100% payout, Roving peg draw, Big three wins, $20.00 Entry, Optional $5.00 big fish pot.

Pm me for details.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

drove by there last weekend and honked after the zips game...it looks like a nice lake

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Good deal guys...glad to see this happen.
    Hope it goes well and many more events in the future.

I'll get on mapquest and get directions..i'll also round up some OCC guys and plan the trip.

Scott

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

might comeby to say hello.. good looking lake for sure.. just be sure to look out for flying golfballs.. :D

5. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Any geese or ducks there, that is the opening day for them. lol

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hey Kernal,
    For us "out-of-towners" are you talking the Tuscarawas river section in the Firestone Metro Park along E. Warner rd. & Harrington rd.??????

Where will everyone meet???

Scott

7. I can't make this event. I am going to the Michigan State vs. OSU game that day. Hope ya have a good turn out and lots of fish are caught...good luck.

Jake

8. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

Scott

It is not in the Metro park..you will see us immediately as you turn onto Warner from Harrington. You can pull onto the gravel track that runs right by the side of the lake. How many are coming from down there?

9. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

So how'd the tourny go.......?

Scott

10. The Kernel

The Kernel Banned

Well...it was a beautiful day:) ...and those that attended seemed to like the idea of more events which is the main thing, we got seven people out with at least three 'bankers' that should be at future events.... but the fishing was tough for all participants. :S Only three small carp caught all day by Ritchie E who took home all the cash, the rest of us blanked :D, We were talking about doing the next one within the November CAG event on the Scioto, you guys up for it??

11. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Well im glad ya guys got some up there into the idea of "tournys"...AWESOME!

Well im not a "CAG" member, but all the carp events are open to OGF members or anyone for that matter...i'll check my work secd, and see if i can get that day off..if so i'll be there and join in the money pot for sure.

Scott

12. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

Correction--Payara did not blank!.....just a little late! :p