close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

akron beacon notice!! ramps closed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by barcelonabass, Jun 18, 2004.

1. A notice in the local section of the Beacon, said that tappan has three ramps closed, due to high water! any updates from you local guys?
    will we still have the outing! :( :(
    thanks,
    ERIC

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

As of this afternoon, the lake is up.......but the main ramps are still open and boats launching. I believe the ramps that are closed are the low lying.......back end ramps.

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Let me add to that.........Jim Corey will be making a final update tonight with all the information that you will need for tomorrow.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Here is the current info for Tappan as of right now:

Current Pool at 1330 902.47
    Summer Pool 899.30
    Above 909.00 Tappan Marina closes

The lake has not come up but 1/10 of 1' in the last 24 hrs, and with no rain in the forecast, this will drop drastically in the future. The outflow is currently at 407.48 FPS below the dam.

5. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Thanks Shawn. The public ramps at Tappan were not shut down. The private ramps at the campground were for a time but are back in operation now. The lake is still high and the concrete divider between the two ramps at the main location is still under water and can't be seen so make sure to back down the ramps close to the outside edges. There have been boaters who have backed right down the middle, bending props. The water clarity is great, very surprising with all the rain. The upper end is still muddy though. The Saugeye, Largemouth Bass, Catfish, and Bluegill are doing great. The White Bass and Crappie have been hard to locate but active and easy to catch if found.

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Sounds like we are good to go!
    Dont worry about launching fellas.Shake and I will be there to assist anyone who needs help.

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Looking forward to the sun burn tomorrow gang :D Remember to wear the sun screen. We haven't seen sunshine in quite a while :)

8. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

The lake looks great.

There will be no problems launching boats. I watchedc a dozen launch today with no issues at all. Some of the OGF staff will also be aat the ramp to assist everyone launching.

While at Corey's today a guy brought in a saugeye that weighed 8.3 lbs, a very nice saugeye. He said that he caught a lot of saugeye today. If someone were to bribe me I might even tell you where on the lake that he caught them and on what.

see everyone in the morning,
    Kim

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

now this is a scarey thought :eek: ;)
    kim,just how much of a bribe would it take? :D