close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Akron area ice?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Bdrape, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Hey guys I just wondered what the deal is with the ice around Akron. With this latest cold spell surely many of the popular spots will fish this week....or will they? I have not been able to get over to the portage lakes or out to mogador so what are the reports. Does the decreased info on this site lately mean that nobody is fishing or that there is not safe ice? Please let us all know, I for one am getting a little report withdrawal LOL.

Bdrape

2. I haven't seen nor heard anything. Been stuck indoors all week.

I'm heading to Presque on Saturday though.

Later man.

3. springfield lake-lakemore side has had guys fishing all week. I tried the same area their in a month ago and got 1 bluegill.

4. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Forget about the ice, I am getting the boat ready lol

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

mogadore had good ice last weekened.

6. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Made a drive by yesterday and was suprized how much open water you could see. Portage had many spots of open water. I don't think I would want to try any place. Nimi was covered but not a soul. Did see a buy on Springfield at the south end. Mogadore is mostly covered and did see a guy about 10' off shore by the boat stakes.
    Ice season is about gone. John

7. Ice was good at Mog. last weekend, 5" plus and most of it being nice and clear. We should be okay this weekend, though this may be it.

8. I Was On Springfield Wed. From 4 To 6 Something. Good Solid 6+ Inches. Only A Few Nibbles. The Wind Was Wicked. Hit Mud Tonight. The Ice Is Still 5'' To 6''. Open Water Will Take It Over Soon Though. Friends Were On Nimi Wed. Don't Know How Thick It Is There .

9. cw261

cw261 Member

Thanks for the updates - we're going to try to get out to Mogadore over the weekend - will post results if we are able to get out.

10. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

I drove by Mogadore on Rt 43 today around 5:00 pm.There were 6-7 guys and a couple of shanties at the south end of the lake.There was alot of open water and nobody fishing the boat launch area or directly across the street west of Rt 43.

11. Fished all over the north end today and only got one perch. Ice was good though 4-8 inches everywhere we went.

12. nimi had 6-7 inchs of ice in the bay at c6 catfish and small perch.

13. Mud Still Has A Good 5''.the Fishing Is Realllllly Slooooow.can't Find The Gills. .not From Lack Of Trying Either. Right Greg?