close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Akron Area Ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Be very careful on the ice guys. It's going fast. I fished Long today and two of the channels were open and nearly connected and there was a pretty strong water flow going. The ice where I fished Tuesday was down to 2 1/2 inches, ten ft to the left, where sliderville was Tuesday, there was 1 1/2 inches. I moved back towards the launch ramp and the ice was 4 inches.

I only saw one shanty on Nimisila, but did hear from a friend of mine that he and another guy had to pull someone out on Tuesday. Went through near the cove off Main St. I also heard of one guy going through on North. Miller is 3/4 open water. I haven't heard anything on Mogadore.

All I can say is, for me, I think my local ice fishing days are over for this season. I'm keeping my stuff out to possibly make one more Presque trip next weekend. This weekend, I have the FOS/Vic's Outdoor Show to work, then it's back to the grind on Monday at the TV station.

Rough year for ice fishing this year. But I must admit, looking at that open water has me looking forward to crappie fishing. Can't wait for that.

Like I said, please be very careful on what little ice there is out there.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i'll probably be at mogadore on sun...if the ice is good.