close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Airport security and fishing poles?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cheezemm2, Jul 5, 2005.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

My brother flew in this weekend for our annual charter on Erie and both of his poles which were in a case, were snapped off at the base, 1 inch up from the beginning of the cork....The case showed no signs of damage and these were either sawed or snapped and had the usual TSA inspection tag in there...Needless to say he's working on getting refunded...has this happened to any of you guys? He came in w/Northwest airlines.

2. We had it happen with Delta once.I use a metal gun case to carry ice rods in.You are not allowed to lock the box and mine got locked and they busted it open.They did replace it for me.Hope they refund him.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Had it happen with snow skis twice, but never rods. Like fishinfreak said, ya can't lock them anymore.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Had it happen to a guy I was traveling in Brazil with. Continental shut the jet door on the PVC rod case and crushed the end and broke the tips of the poles. They didn't pay for the damage.

Had to a store and buy new rods but they are dirt cheap down there with US dollars.