Airline Questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Hi All,

As many of you know I travel a lot until next this up and coming June. With Ice Fishing and Deer Gun season coming in I have a couple questions.

Have any of you tansported long guns on plane can can you use a plastic case or do you need to get the Aluminum ?

Also does anyone know of a safe way to transport my vexilar back and forth or should I just leave it in one place and buy another ?

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

the case must be airline approved and be lockable.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Take your Vexilar in your carry on luggage. The security won't be a problem. I take all kinds of electronics carry on.

Make absolutely sure you declare your firearm and it is unloaded and ammo stored in a separate luggage.

Stop by the particular airline service desk next time you are at the airport. They will give you all the rules to transport firearms.

4. Traveling with guns is fairly simple, at least in my experience. As mentioned, the case must be airline approved, but it doesn’t take anything fancy. Plastic is fine. Have a lock for it, but make sure you have the key handy when you check them. They will review the contents of the case before letting it though. The air line web site should give you the details you need for traveling with guns. I prefer to take my electronics with me in my carry on as well.

5. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Since I already had 2 checked bags the gun was going to cost me 80.00 1 way. I just left it at home and I'm going to use one of the extras at my dads. It's a bummer that the 1 extra piece of luggage is so much.