close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Air to Air combat Wiper

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by acklac7, Sep 19, 2017.

1. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

So, I've seen some wild things Fishing, and what I saw tonight was right up there in the top 3. Thought I would share.

Let me also say I've had plenty of fish chase and hit lures as I was pulling them out of the water. This was different.

Anyways, so im standing at the top of a Small riffle tightling a Shad rap in heavy current, maybe 5 feet downstream. Im just letting the current work the bait right under the surface. Every now and i'd have to flick my wrist a little to get the lure to dive back down.

I go to flick / yank my wrist once again, only this time the lip of the lure catches the top of the water, and the current causes it to spin out and come flying twoards me.

So the lure is airborne, flying back at me, and out of nowhere a Wiper launches (and I mean launches) itself out of the water, from left to right, and intercepts the Shad rap mid-air :eek: Fish had to be two feet out of the water :eek: And a Wiper!?

That fish saw the lure flying through the air, and came straight out of the water like a rocket after it. Coolest thing I've seen in a long, long time.

Fish wasn't big, maybe 17"? But man-alive did he have some moves, I tell you what...

379095_e422b7a509cf7d1215e313e540e2eeab.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. no video? did not happen. ALL FISHERMAN MUST HAVE BODY CAMRAS . Nice try AJ. LMAO and SHMH.

3. I know those rocks...

4. Cool stuff!!!! Shoot even when they hit traditional topwater you mainly just get a big tail slap after they take it....

acklac7 likes this.
  5. ChromeBone

ChromeBone #PimpMyBucket

I pulled a wally diver out the water fishing a spillway several years ago and when I pulled it out the water right at the shore a wiper jumped out and missed and hit me in the leg lol... I will never forget. I stayed for an hour after that and never got one bite haha.

6. These are not the rocks you are looking for.

7. Thanks for the story AJ. Glad you got one after dipping out early!

ittybittyfishy likes this.
  8. Banging some nice late summer & fall "wipers"... No doubt what you have hooked when they get running!

Attached Files:

9. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

They'll rip a Smallmouth 6 ways from Sunday...

Glad you're still getting them, although you got me with the Grass! (don't tell! ;) ). We could use some rain....Good fish.

614fisherman3 likes this.