close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AI-Yeeee Hickups

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheCajun, Apr 5, 2005.

1. TheCajun

TheCajun Sac-a-lai cookin'

OK, . Whats your cure? We drink pickle juice and it works! Dill.
    :C TheCajun

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

A couple of shots of Bacardi 151 has always worked for me. At least I think it has!

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

raw sugar. Works every time.

4. I never heard of the raw sugar trick before. White or brown? And I'd rather keep the hicupps than drink raw pickle juice. I always seem to get the hicupps when I get drink about 20 beers and down a large pizza. Usually drinking a few more beers real quick will make mine go away.

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I second the sugar technique!! 1 packet or about a tablespoon. Works every time for me.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

white sugar, two tablespoons or three packets. Never fails for me. If two doesn't do it take two more. Slowly let it melt in your mouth and swallow in gulps.

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I never get more than 1 or 2 hickups at a time. Usually right after taking a drink of cold pop. My older brother always told me that drinking pickle juice will put hair on your *****!

bill

8. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

For me, hiccups are an indication of dehydration. Thats why the picle juice makes sense. Pickle juice is a common rememdy for cramps, also a result of dehhydration. I have never heard of the alcohol or sugar remedies. Generally a glass of water or two works. I get the hiccups when I drink alcohol without some water to offset the dehydration characteristics of the alchy. My wife laughs at me. What a help!

9. Take one relatively large glass of water, place a clean dish towel over the glass, and drink the entire glass of water through the dish towel without stopping. This one works every time for me.

JM