close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aftermarket Line Counters

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ShakeDown, Sep 7, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My last trip to Erie with the crew got me wanting to dust off my trolling gear (which hasn't been used in YEARS) and prevent from buying all new stuff. The only thing I really need to update my rigs with is line counters. I've seen some of the wide open Rebel's for about $3 each, Shakespeare (enclosed) for $10 each, and digital Rapala counters/lights for $15 each. Anyone use any of the above, and have any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. i can get u add on lcd line counters for 38 dollers that go on 6500 u take off the side cover that the clicker is on in add it to it then replace the clicker cover

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

i have one of the shakespear ones and it is pretty convenient . It works pretty well . Best $12 I have spent in a long time .

4. Lark where do you get the counters at?daryl

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

shake you can get diawa linecounter combos at Cabelas for like $55.

6. I have both line counter reels and the clamp on Shakespear line counters. Both work equally well but the LC reels are a bit more convenient. I also use the clamp on type for drift fishing as once you find the lure/weight/line out combo for a particular area and drift rate you can repeat the positioning of the lure accurately. I have used the Shakespear for a year now and have not had any problems.

7. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I can backup Shortdrifts opinon on the Shakespear clamp-on line counters. I troll a good deal during the summer and have been using them for several years.
    No problem with them using mono lines.

8. wholesale fishing catalog i hadnt seen these any where but there

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Ditto! I'll second Shortdrifts' input on the Shakespere's :D