Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has been fishing any local creeks since the rain we had this weekend? i know we deffinelty needed some rain. the creeks have been really low lately and i know a few spots i usually fish have been slow and was thinking it might be better now that we got some rain.

·
Old School Member
180 Posts
I was out last night and it wasn't up nearly as much as I expected or wanted, the flow wasn't much faster either. If you check the gauges, they tell you the same.
The action did appear to be a little better, I caught 5 in about 45 minutes. The water was still pretty clear.

·
Uber Tuber
293 Posts
I was going to go creek fishin last night but when I got there Its was a little high and chocolate milk so I went pond hopping. maybe in a couple days it should be better. Also I dont think the scioto even changed that much but the creek I had in mind looked like poop.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 in 45 mins. id say that sounds pretty good. were they all smallies? it'll prob tues or wed. when i get out so hopefully the water will be decent.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,191 Posts
I was looking over the gauges this morning. One creek really spiked. The rest just had a small blip on the gauge. I was kind of surprised by that. Even a couple up north didn't change much, and I thought they got more rain than we did. Huh?

·
Old School Member
180 Posts
I was on the Scioto and it was the one w/o the "blip" I think it is suppose to rain again on Wed so you may be in luck.

4 smallies one rock bass. I would have stayed longer by my buddy's reel crapped out on him so we took off. Saw a 3 other dudes fishing my spot.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
alot of the rain got sucked in to this dry ground we have

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where do you find gauges for the creeks? that would be a useful little tid-bit of info to have. can you find them online?

·
Banned
790 Posts
One or three of them look pretty dam tasty right now.
If I can find a cohort, I might have to investigate this high water theory this afternoon.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
depends on where but i might be down andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts