close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

After it seems like a endless wait

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by JimG, May 6, 2004.

1. FYI-
    Sandusky Shoreline is up to 59.6 * and last night towards sunset I started to catch some male Crappies. Seems like I waited forever for this event, but that's the human in me. The bite came casting 1/32oz pony jig heads with a clear blue sparkle 1 inch grub attached. The bite never started till about 7:30 p.m. and they were out about 20 feet off the shoreline in about 6 feet of water.
    I figure about 2 to 3 more degrees and they will really pick up.
    The one suprise I had was for the most part I catch a few SM Bass while fishing for crappies , but last night they were everywhere I was throwing jigs and these "FootBalls" sure looked healthy.
    At dark I ended with 11 male Crappies and C&R 9 SM Bass. Sure is something how a increase in water temps raises not only the fish , but humans.
    Now I did return this morning and temp had dropped to 56.5 and the bite was hard to get some takers, but with the warming it's just a matter of days for the Sandusky Area and crappies.
    Tight Lines,
    JimG

2. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Great Post Jim...i got all my stuff now...i will have to come down and hit it with you.

Mitch

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

it is about time for the best fishing of the year for most species!

4. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

this time of year rocks!