close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AEP weekender

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RangerJ, May 24, 2004.

1. RangerJ

RangerJ Member

Hey all, Im going to AEP (site C) this weekend and Im pumped about it as always. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck down there so far this year and what your throwin at'em. I normally throw Raps and 4" pumpkinseed or dark colored worms during the day and shallowtop water cranks at night. Im thinking this year, Ill take along some live craws...Any Suggestions?

2. go as early as possible. I was there last year on memorial day weekend and if you want a halfway decent camping spot you better get ther early friday.

3. I’ve only been three times now, so take my advice for what it is worth. Fish in the early morning, late evening, night, and scout ponds during the day. I’ve caught fish in every pond that I have fished, but look for the ponds that are difficult to access. Now, that does not guarantee that there are fish in the pond, but I think that it does increase you chances of catching a PIG. Take about 3 bags of black 5” Senkos……I went through about a bag a day. Fish the slop. Look out for the black flies! I would highly suggest using Fluorocarbon line (the water is VERY clear). Stealth seems to be the name of the game in the small off-road ponds. Please practice CPR on the PIGS!

4. RangerJ

RangerJ Member

Thanks guys for your response and advice !! and yes, all the pigs are kissed and returned safe and snug as always :D

Thanks again, Jason.