AEP, Veto Lake, Devols, Lowell Dam reports?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by thedon255, Nov 19, 2008.

1. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Those are my regular fishing spots. I'm coming home this weekend from college (graduating! woo hoo!) and I'd like a head start on the fishing when I get back. After 11 weeks of no fishing, I'm going through some serious withdraws. I saw the earlier report on AEP and I was wondering if anyone else had been out there or to any of the other spots I mentioned.

2. I Fish

I Fish I am what I eat.

the saugeye should be in at Devola. My father in law has been fishing at Racine for the past few weeks. Some days good, others bad. He said either early morning(4 am), or evening has been best. Once the sun comes up, the fish stop. They were catching hybrids on some kinda spoon, and saugeye's on jig n curly tails or minnows down there. Good luck.

3. thedon255

Thanks, exactly what I needed to know. I thought that it might be better after the sun is up since that could warm the water. Guess not. I know that last year, about this time, I was slaying the hybrids (for me, at least.) I'll find out tomorrow. My fishing drought is finally over!

4. thedon255

Made it out to Lowell Dam, was there for only about an hour. A bit cold and I needed to get back home for the Ohio State-Michigan game (go Bucks!) Only caught one fish and actually, I snagged it, on the dorsal fin. But it was a 26 inch carp and probably the best fight I've ever had. Battled that thing for well over 5 minutes, on an ultra-light rod. After eleven weeks of no fish, that was the fix I needed because we all know that fishing is not just a past time, it's an addiction.

5. thedon255

Went to Lowell Dam again, the east side this time (I was on the west yesterday). Completely skunked, not even a snagged carp. At least it was a beautiful day out, a warm 40 degrees. No ice forming on the eyelets of the rod. But I need to figure out these cold water fish soon before I go crazy from all these skunks.