close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AEP trip Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Trade-A-Trip - Share trip with another OGF member' started by Smokin Joker, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Smokin Joker

Smokin Joker Jr. tuber

Hello all, first time poster, long time lurker...

I am planning on a trip to AEP this labor day weekend with a few (maybe only one) of my fishin' buddies. I will be leaving on Thursday, Sept. 1st directly after work arriving around 8-9pm. This will be my 2nd trip to AEP this year and will be bringing my new float tube (learned my lesson last time). If anyone wants to join me they are more than welcome. The more the merrier. Hopefully I will be able to get there early enough to get a good spot in campsite K on the lake for some night catfishin. I plan on leaving on Monday but have Tuesday available if anyone wants to stay longer.

Later
    Brian

2. fisheye

fisheye Dover, OH

I finish up midnight shift on Sat. morning but may try to make it down with a couple of my fishin' pals for Sat-Sun-Mon. We would love to meet up with other OGF fishermen and swap some war stories and AEP secrets. ;)

3. Smokin Joker

Smokin Joker Jr. tuber

Sounds good to me.... That sat morning, the one guy that I am sure is coming will be arriving so the fishing will begin in earnest then. I am mostley going to be exploring the area myself until then as this is only my 3rd time there. The 1st time last year was :mad: terrible. All of my fishing equipment was stolen while I was at the store getting ice on the 1st morning there. Thankfully :) I paid my insurance that month.

I will be driving a chevy trailblazer with montgomery county tags.

Later
    Brian

4. ReRobb

ReRobb master baiter

I'll be ther that weekend also, not sure what campground though, we are meeting some of my mominlaw's friends.

I'll be in a green ford ranger with a white fiberglass lid, Hoyt sticker in the back window, stop and ask for Rob if you see my truck.
    That is also the first weekend for squirrel season, so might be out shootin some tree rats.then doin some fishin.

My float tube is a little small for me, so I'll probably be shorebound.

We usually go to "k", but not sure about this year. Will probably be there fri. nite thru sun. or maybe Mon. depending on the weather.

5. ReRobb

ReRobb master baiter

We will either be in the one with the covered bridge, or in "K",

Leaving Fri. around 3, should be there by 6 or so, staying till Sun evening.

Stop by and ask for Rob