close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aep this weekend

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by squid_1, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Heading down tomorrow morning to scout turkeys and fish a little. Will post results when I get back.

2. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

Our group will be down there first weekend in May. we will be in campsite H. Where do you usally camp? Hope you have a good weekend!

3. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Getting ready for our trip in May. Be there for a week in a slice of heaven.:)

4. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

I have been going to ohio power since i was 2 weeks old. i now am 38 and never get tired of it. i simply love the peace and quiet as i love the fishing. i have alot of great memories and alot of fun ahead of me. where do you camp at?

5. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

We usually stay across from the covered bridge in campsite D. We have been going for over twenty years and have outgrown the area across the bridge. Throughout the week, we will probably have thirty to fifty guys( usually not all at one time) stay for as long as they can. Like you, I can't say enough for the peace and quiet you get from being on a pond with absolutely no noise or interruptions.

6. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

you werent in camp H last fall were you? we meet 2 fellows that say they camp in D with a bunch of fellows around mothers day. one of the fellows was a fire fighter and the other worked at a hostpital i believe.

7. it's funny b/c I live near AEP and never knew much about it. we did spend our honeymoon there 2 years ago this May. Fried up some mushrooms on the fire. We ran short on firewood and some guys there gave us some b/c no one had any for sale. That's the kind of nice people that go there.

I wish I knew where the ponds are. Do you all fish ones close to the road or where are the ponds? Don't have to give me secrets just an idea.

I keep hearing about campground C. Is it a good one for kids?
    connie

8. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

camp c is a good one for kids. it it big and does have a nice lake around it. there are several ponds to go to but the ones i like are way off the road. i guess just because i like being in the middle of know where. there are several ponds on the oppisite side of the road over by camp a. those our easy to get to. the best thing to do is to get a map and meet people that is already there. besides going there all my life we hang around alot of older people that have been going down there awhile.

9. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

BBANKS.........I would be the hospital guy. I believe you had the awsumb fire grill for the steaks, right?

10. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

thats me! i sent you a private message as well. hope the weather is nice for everyone this year. we are going the 1st weekend in may. cant make it the weekend you guys are going to be there. tell the fireman we said hello. maybe we can get together for the fall.:G

11. mbanks

mbanks Master Baiter

Hey sgofish remember me ???

12. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

He Is Not Online Right Now

13. hey guys sorry to jump in on you. but i am planning on going out to aep next weekend to fish and look for them there turkeys. here turkey turkey turkey!!! lol. if any one would like to met up and go let me know. may fish all weekend. jason

14. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

We are in the process of getting our trip planned for the fist weekend in may. we will be camping in H if you would like to stop in and chat.

15. hey banks give me a call if you want @740-704-0205 it only takes me about half an hour to get to site c. i am out there all the time. i am sure i will stop out by when your down. this will be my frist time with the tube. hell maybe we all can sink together. let me know whats up. jason

16. Well fishing was slow. Did manage a few gills 4-5 ft deep and white or pearl ice jigs tipped with wax worms seemed to work best. Little windy and it rain more friday nite than I would have liked. The beers were good though.

17. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

great to here. glad the beer was good anyways. trying to get our trailer ready for the voyage. it will take a couple of weeks but should be ready torain or shine. i hope it is more shine than rain.

18. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Drove around, walked in the woods, listened to the spring peepers and enjoyed the sunshine, dreamed of coolersfull of mushrooms, good music, cold beer and fresh bluegill. Drove over to a little area close by and made a few casts, caught 2 real nice surprise largemouth and a trout. Great day to be alive!!!!

19. mushroomman. what you up to this weekend? heading out to aep. let me know if you would like to met up. if you want give me a call and let me know yes os know. 740-704-0205. jason

20. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Jason, If I decide to make the drive I'll give you a call, depends on the weather and I wont have much time as I have to work on Sunday. I have your number now, as does everyone else in the world! Don't know if you realize it but anyone, anywhere at anytime with internet access can visit this site and read these public forums. Be careful and protect your personal information.