AEP report???

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gf319804, Apr 14, 2008.

1. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

Hey fellas, I've got the next 5 days off and want to do some fishing. Anybody visit AEP this past weekend and have any luck? The weather is looking pretty good for thursday and friday, so I might head up then. Just hate to make the hour trip if the fishing stinks. Any luck with the crappie or bass yet?

2. Hey Greg, I went about 2 weeks ago for about three hours. We didn't smash em, but I caught a few gills on topwater and managed to reel in 3 small bass. If you are planning on going up, give me a call. I will see if my buddy wants to bring his boat down and we can take you to the place he always goes. It's back there, that's for sure.

3. gf319804

Good deal, thanks Matt. Yeah, I hate to make that trip if they aren't hittin' real good. I have places around home I could go, but I prefer AEP if they are hittin'.

4. I will talk to my buddy, but we kinda figured that the bigger bass weren't gonna start hittin till we got a bit warmer. I would assume they will start bitin good this week. I saw a LUNKER in this pond we were in, it just wasn't eatin anything we threw at it.

5. gf319804

I just spoke with a guy here at work that said he caught a 7 1/2lber last week, but didn't say much other than that. Sounds like I may have to make a trip up thursday and see for myself...

6. gf319804

Yeah, check your PM.

7. gf i tried to give you a call. jason

8. gf319804

Hey fellas, thought I would give you all MY report on AEP. Went up yesterday (Thursday), and fished from 11 to 4 on one of my favorite lakes to fish. I fished from one end of the lake to the other, throwing all kinds of stuff, from spinners to rapala's, crank baits, jig n pig, rubber worm, tubes, and crawls with zero luck. Not even a single bite. On my way back down, I decided to to try an old faithful, a Berkley Powerbait 4" Power Pulse worm in watermelon, no weight. Very first cast I made, BAM, fish. I continued back towards where I started, getting lots of bites, and ended up with 8 bass for the day, in the 12-15" range. I was just really starting to get the fish figured out, and wanted to make another pass down the lake, but had a problem with the trolling motor and had to call it a day.

The fish were really lethargic, no real aggressive bites, and no aggressive fighting. Every fish I hooked swam straight for deep water, usually in a direction towards me, making it difficult for a good hook set. I also noticed that I had to wait longer to set the hook.

I will probably head back up next week and give it a try again. Good luck for anyone heading!

Here's a few pics from yesterday....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

nice fish gf. i hope thaat they are hitting for us. i will have to try the brekley. have never used it befroe but it is worth a shot. great pics