close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AEP report 6/7

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lunkerhunter, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Fished today from about 1:00pm to 6:00pm caught only 11 bass, largest was about 15". All the fish were very shallow, some within a couple inches of the bank. I caught them on wieghtless worm, shallow crankbait, and a small black/blue spinner bait. The deer flies were almost unbearable, if plan on making a trip down remember your bug spray. It was the maiden voyage for my new 9'6" kayak. I can't decide what I like better my float tube or my kayak.

2. are there size and bag limits on bass at aep

3. Yes is the simple answer. I believe the state wide limit is 5 largemouth bass. There are size restrictions for some of the ponds down there, the ponds are listed in the state of Ohio fishing regulations. I personally will not keep anything over 14" but that’s just me, and I usually never keep bass, maybe one or two a year from a pond, its more fun to catch them than to eat them. There are tons of BIG bluegill to fill you up down there, personal best 10".

4. Ponds MB40, MB41, MB42, MM29, MM34, NB43 have size limits, none may be taken between 12 and 15 inches

5. thanks i looked in the fishing regs and found that after i sent you the question i wouldn't keep the big ones either i was down there last weekend for the first time amen on the big blue gills it was hot i won't go back without a boat though