Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm from the north of the state and have never been to aep. A buddy of mine and myself are headed down there next Saturday for a day to fish and explore. I'd like to start for gills and then finish off with bass. Any pointers to make our time more enjoyable would be great. Maybe a couple go to baits, bug spray, are the ticks bad? We'll be dishing from shore and I've heard it can be kind of a bear with all the shoreline cover. I know the permit is needed. Are any of the areas better than others? Thanks to anyone who can provide some knowledge.

·
Shoot Um' Hook Um'
860 Posts
One day would be tough to get much done. You could spend a month there and not see it all. Ticks are real bad and so isn't the brush. Grab some plastics and topwaters and pull up to a gate and start walking and you will find ponds. Grass in ponds that are not as deep will be bad right now. if you don't want to walk try the ponds close to the camp sites and near by. You can get a map off AEP site when you print out your permit.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Love2Kayak - Nice fish - Man do I got to get back down there. My grew up in cumberland and worked for AEP for 39 years. So when we fished the ponds we would always fish the ones off the beaten path. There are a handful of ponds that are not even on the new AEP Map. However, my grandma who still lived in cumberland passed away about 6 years ago and I haven't fished in the area since. I told my son that I would try to take him this year but we have not made it that way yet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Fish Fish Bass Fishing Perch
from this morning. Buddy and I both got 20 inchers. Hit new pond and got 58 from 6-9. I got 40, buddy 18. Let me know when you want to go I have the yaks just need 4x4 to get there. Easy drive when it hasnt rained for a month everyday. Near the hill more than Cumberland. I love that area.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts