Aep open water?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by squid_1, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Does anyone have a water report for the ponds? Is there skim ice or open water? With this upcoming warmup I am getting the fever pretty bad and wouldn't mind stocking up some gill fillets for the lenten season.

2. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

x2 on this question. I hope to do some AEP fishing this Sunday. Even if it's a 4 inch bluegill, I just want to catch at least one measly fish. Since the water will be too cold to comfortably use the float tube, I'm interested in any suggestions for ponds there with good bank access. That's assuming the answer to this question is that the ice is - or will be - gone. Thanks.

3. I was down there last weekend and all the waters were open. Not a whole lot of activity but open. I'll be down there on either Sat or Sun myself so hope to see some of ya down there.

4. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Bumping the thread with a slightly different question (didn't want to start yet another AEP thread.) Any ideas on what the fishing will be like in the AEP ponds tomorrow (Sunday)? I'm willing to fish some in the rain, since it'll be in the mid 60's or so, and I'll probably bring a book even in case a thunderstorm rolls through. But at this time of year, will the weather mess things up and is the fishing even worth possibly scattered T-storms?