close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AEP lakes next to campsites

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by thedon255, Aug 14, 2008.

1. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

I'm headed back to the AEP lands this weekend (woo hoo!) and will be bringing a camper. I'm wondering about which of the large lakes near the campgrounds, like at Campsite C or K, are the best for fishing. We'll be driving up only in the camper, not the car, and so I'll only be fishing at places within walking distance of the camper. I'll have my float tube, so I hope that at these larger ponds, I can get to the opposite shore where I would expect there is less pressure. My question is, out of all the campgrounds, which has the better fishing?

2. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

go to K. There are some great ponds if you walk up the trail above the campsite. there is one about 10 min walk on the right. you will think your never going to find somewhere to put in but you'll come to it. great lake. there are more in the area. good luck

3. thedon255

thedon255 Float Tubing Fanatic

Thanks. Exactly what I needed. I'm leaving in an hour for hopefully a weekend full of big bass! Or at least big mosquitoes. Either way, I'm sure I'll get some bites.