close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AEP Lakes 9-15-07 PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Sep 16, 2007.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Went to AEP in search of some hawgs with my friend John (The Big JG) Saturday. What an amazing day. We caught fish all day, with many fish in the 2lb range. I'm going to give a recap of the highlights with pictures below.

The day started off with John catching a nice 16 incher off of a beaver hut on a jig.

[​IMG]

Then JG struck again with a 2.6lber that sucked down a buzzbait 3 feet from the boat

[​IMG]

I finally got on the board, and it was a good one...4.5lbs off of a gnarly laydown. Very fat fish and it fought hard. Lipped it at the boat.

[​IMG][​IMG]

John lost a solid 3lber and then caught this 2.8lber on the next cast.

[​IMG]

About a minute after John caught the above fish, I pitched by jig off of the end of the tree. On my first pull up, something grabbed the jig and almost ripped the rod out of my hands. I could hear my fluorocarbon stretching and I fought back. We saw the pig come to the surface, I reached down and grabbed this mule by the lip. My new personal best, 6.0lbs even on the digital!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over the next couple of hours we caught a ton of fish, most in the 1.5 to 2 lb range. Near the end of the day we were fishing a beaver hut with a lot of standing timber around it. John set the hook and his line went screaming for deeper water. The bass jammed itself between two logs and it wouldn't budge. We got right on top of it and could see it about 5 feet below us. So John stripped down to his boxers and dove down to the fish, unwedged it, and brought it to the surface. 3.0lbs even.

[​IMG]

It was an awesome day that I will remember for a long time.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish. I got my permit but have not gone out there yet, looks like i might have to.

3. mike, sounds like your trip to aep went a lot better than my trip last year. it was one of the worst experiences in my life. we caught a lot of fish, but i know none was over 12 inces. we finished the day off by burrying my truck, in the mud, up to the doors. 5hrs later the tow truck got us out. i still have nightmares about it. lol

4. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Sept. and especially Oct. produce days that dreams are made of...Thank god Fall is finally here...nice fish guys ;)

5. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Looks like a fun day, and props for not letting the fish win!

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Awesome report Mike!!
    Gotta give you a ring soon and get in on some big fall bassin!

7. WOW! great time fishing! great pics! Did you have to carry your boat far from where you parked?

8. My Dad did the same thing many years ago(stripping down to his skivies) after a fish..only problem was he was at Alum on a Sunday morning(late morning) the twin coves there next to the Chesire launch, funny to think of it today but I was embarressed at the time:D

9. Man, that last pic is a classic. And, great big fish!

10. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah deff. a nice last pic lol-got r done-nice pb

11. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Awesome fish guys, Im so glad to see there are some good fish left down there. And the PICs were great. I know your heart was beating like crazy when you reached to lip that 6 lber.
    I also had a my fishing buddy go in after a fish, his was about a 10 lb cat that got hung up in a downed tree in the scioto at 2 am. He musta dove under 4 times but with it being dark he couldnt get it. I couldnt stop laughing at him sitting on the bank cold,wet, and fishless.

12. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

You are the king of HOGS!!!

Nice pics.

13. The Big JG

The Big JG 7# Huntin'

Yeah, that was a fun day...way to put it to me Mike and congrats again on catching that PIG!

14. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Sounds like an epic day guys! John is freaking crazy, it was definetly not swimming weather...
    Congrats on the PB Mike. It actually looks like that may be a 7.5 to 8lb fish in the spring, you should go back after her in March! That thing is almost to the eyes bulging out stage.

15. Outstanding post thanks for sharing, great pictures and a great story.

16. Great fish as usual!! Monster bass and a real diehard to jump in that water had to cold!! LoL!

17. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

were are the aep lakes located, i've heard people talk about them but have never known were they are. how do you get the permit for them.