close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Aep draining ponds

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by squid_1, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I heard that they are getting ready if not already starting to drain some ponds. The number I heard is 23 ponds, ones with earth dams that present a liability. I wish the state would use that Trust money that guy just left and buy up that whole area. Its either that or it will all belong to the Wilds.

2. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

I've heard this rumor going on for a few years now. I've only seen a couple ponds actually drained though.

3. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Hey Squid,

The only one being drained that I am aware of is Campsite-D (Sawmill Road). I hear they have drained it completely for one reason or another. But I haven't heard anything about liability. If anyone really wants to hear what is going on down there. I suggest talking to one of the V.I.P.s they've got down there. The V.I.P. at Sawmill/Campsite-D goes by the name Rocky. Look him up and he'll fill you in on what's going on down there.

Jig-N-Pig out...

4. The info I am getting is from a family friend that worked and retired from there. If there is anything AEP this guy seems to know. When I see him next month I will try and have him clarify as to which ponds are on the list.

5. They will start to lose the tax exemptions the attain from the state and federal goverments. Which is the only reason AEP exist's as it does now , Even if they drain 30 or 40 ponds it will not even put a dent into the 300 ponds out here. They own most of Morgan and Noble county and yes the ponds out by the campsites are great but they are getting way to over fished as are the ones out on Rural Dale. I wish they would close to whole dam thing for a year to let them return to normal , like the rest of the ponds that only the local fishing community know about.