Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

aep boat ramps?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mousejam515, Aug 11, 2004.

1. we will be going down to ohio power next week to do some camping and fishing. i will be taking my 12 foot boat. i was wondering how many of the lakes have boat ramps. we stayed at campsites k and n (i think) and i know those had one. but how many of the others have one?

whats been catching fish recently too?

2. Campsite "C" has one and a couple of the small ones between "C" & "A"...

3. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

youve go to watch these ramps hand launch when and if you can some of these ramps have very quick deep mud just a few feet in to the water your trailer will come out lookin like the swamp thing
  4. If you just have a 12 foot boat you could probably put it in anyplace, just lift it up and drag it in. I would like to try some of the bigger lakes but I always take my float tube and hike back in. I need to spend about a month over there and just fish them all!:)
  5. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Campsite C has one and there is also a lake just down the road a 1/2 mile on the right that has one. Let me know how you do, I'm going down Aug. 20th and 21st to Campsite C with my bellyboat. Good Luck!! :D
  6. last time we went down we drove arround to most of the camp sites. and me and my bro went to walk up to one of the lakes. and sunk knee deep in mud. i didnt think about that till just now. ill have to check the ramp before i put my boat in so i dont get my truck stuck.

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

You must be talking about camp D the lake was drawn down about 6-8 feet last spring for some reason or another it was very soft last year you can now walk all the way around it ...the mud has dried up
  8. I heard they are completly draining D
  9. I heard the samething just this past spring turkey season...
    Wonder why...
  10. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

they droped in down last hasent gone down any more since....i dont know why either
  11. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

The story we got was that the far end of the lake, the train track side :cool: , was in need of repair around the culvert/spillway area. I guess it would have been real expensive, so the solution was to drain the lake and let nature take its course. There was, at one time, a stream running through that area and the beaver started doing their thing. The rest is history.
  12. They have a crew that takes out beaver dams...
    I've watched them work and have talked to them...
    I don't understand this one but AEP does not always do things in the norm :rolleyes:
  13. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Where is the best place to fish around campsite C?? Any help would be great. ;)
  14. That is the biggest lake there... Have fun...
  15. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

there are a lot of nice lake side sites in C....they go all the way back
  16. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

one of the biggest lakes you can get to is behind the miners memorial i swear the one lake a is like 2 miles long
  17. Ever fish there?
    I've walked that area many times but never fished...
  18. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

it was early in the year seen many huge fish...but no lands....wold like to try again....if you take the road that goes behind the memorial i think it is the second one on the right... i only know by seening it...has a pull off almost like a boat ramp
  19. I know where it is just never fished back there only scouted for turkey to bother ;)