AEP bait questions.

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BBANKS, Apr 14, 2008.

1. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

Looking for some help if anyone would like to share any info. I mainly use Rubber worm while fishing the AEP Lands. When i was younger fishing with my Grandpa we always used live chub minnies. Does anyone still use this method. Also i never have use the Jig and Pig and also wandering if that is a good bait for down there.

2. Plastic is my main bait also, but I do quite well on Bass shiners, I'd use them a lot more if it were not for the trouble of keeping them alive

3. your on the right track with the bait. i do use live minnis some time. jason

4. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

I guess i will maybe try some live bait this year. I will not get alot but enough to try. I know the gills sure do like the night crawlers and i sure do like a pan of gills frying. I have always had good luck with the rubber worm. Any brand out there better than others? Bherrick love your quote, its very fitting. The folks that have never been to Ohio Power and spent time in the mud dont know what they are missing. I am pretty sure it the closest thing to heaven in my book.

5. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

I have done well on Creek Chubs from time to time at AEP. You can catch some slab gills on smaller ones too. No monsters from live bait, but more #'s.

On another note. Does anyone do any good on top water in the spring at AEP?
    I'm heading down this Friday with a few friends. If the fish don't bite, I hope the shrooms are popping. If the shrooms aren't popping I hope the the fish are biting. If neither are happining then I hope the beer is cold. Wait I forgot, you are not allowed to drink there. OUPS. ;)

6. BBANKS

BBANKS John Deere Puller

thanks for the tips. i have seen ppl using top water bait before but i never have seen any big ones hit them. thats not saying that they dont but just havent talked to anyone that has caught a big one that way.

7. ummmmmm gillssssssssssssss sounds so good. lets hope it dont rain this weekend. jason