AEP and Senkos

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pastorchris, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I recently submitted a thread about fishing the highwalls at AEP from a float tube and Fishjunky responded about using Senkos. I've never used them so any and all info on the best way to fish them would be greatly appreciated. How to rig 'em, weighted or not, size, color, etc.......

We plan on hitting the water Saturday, so any info would be great

Thanks ahead of time!!!

Blessings

2. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

I like to rig them like a wacky rig, seems to really draw the fish's attention, but you can also rig them just like any other rubber worm. I usually don't use any weight, but that's just my personal preference. As far as colors, I like the darks; black, brown, green...

3. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

no weight and rig it like you would any other worm. fish it slow and be pataient.

4. tnant1

tnant1 Avid bait killer

we also use just a 4-6" rubber worm with no weight - that's the trick there - no weight

5. 5" black Senkos tex-posed no weight

Cast to a fishing tooking spot, and let sink. Let the fish show you what they want. I've had days where they would hit them as soon as they hit the water, days when I had to let the Senko sit on the bottom, and everything in between. There is a lot of variation among the different ponds, that is, just because it worked in #20 doesn't mean that it will work in #21.