close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adware-Spyware?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stampede, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Everytime i log on here i get a pop-up.It says my computer may be infected with adware or spyware.It looks like it's from microsoft.but when i clicked on it ,it took me to my browser and to some other address that's not microsoft.I have adware and run it regular,just ran it before i loged on.The only time i get the pop-up is when i log on here.Doesn't do it at other sites.As far as i can tell my computer is running normal and has been.Does anyone know how to get rid of the pop-up.I have AOL-pop up blocker set to stop all pop-ups but this thing keeps showing up.Any suggestions?

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

It's just a popunder ad, please ignore.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I use popup stopper from Panicware (free edition)...I don't get any pop ups or pop unders ;)

4. bassman23

bassman23 Da Fishpimp

The google toolbar also works well at stopping pop ups, but I would get rid of IE and use Mozilla as your browser. You will never open IE again once you try it.

bassman23

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Just remember folks, every time you click on one of those ads, you are supporting OGF ;)

6. i use the new zone alarm i get fire wall anti vi and pop up blocker all in one works really well