close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

advice--you can probably help

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by bengalsfan09, Jul 24, 2007.

1. hey all,
    i got back from chippewa flowage, Hayward, WI, and am wanting to get some fishing in down here. up there i had a boat to use, but i have a big problem fishing right where i live:no boat. so, i was wondering where on the ohio river would be a good place to bank fish or wade. i live in reading/blue ash, but cincinnati is the general area. i would like to catch walleye/sauger/saugeye/smalmouth or lm bass. i dont mind catfishing or crappie fishing and would love to go for musky or pike, but i understand esox arent popular here. any help or advice would be incredible. THANKS!

2. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

3. within cinci your best bet on the ohio is driving down 52 and bank fishing at the creek mouths or ramps for cats, depending on the day anything may be in those area's. i do not suggest wading in the ohio river. as for cincinnati area, everyone fishes the lmr and if you learn the river you could catch anything in there. there are also alot of smaller streams around cinci that are good. as for the esocids there is little chance of catching a pike without an hour plus drive, there are muskies locally if you know where to find them, alot of people fish cc but you need a boat, but waders have acces to fish in some places. the local bait shops have good info, the fishin pole by cowan lake, and a-noutfiters in milord are the only two that i can think of that are left.