close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advice on painting a Camo pattern on a canoe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dinkbuster1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. just got all my leaks fixed on my scanoe, now i want to do a camo-pattern on it. something that blends well with the background along the rivers (gravel, wood, brush, etc.). anyone done a camo/spray paint pattern before?

2. I have camoed lots of stuff: file cabinets, feeders, blinds, etc. I always start with a somewhat neutral base color like a light brown then add the darker colors: dark brown, light green, dark brown, dark green, and last black. I take ferns, leaves, and branches and spray in their sillouettes as I go, it really adds depth. Its easy to do, how about some pics when your done????

3. I can already see how this is going to turn out... eventually it is just going to be all black. :) I offered my services of doing the pattern but who would believe a girl could do camo... evidently dink doesn't.

4. You can do my next camo project!! I'll sit in the lawn chair and drink beer while you work.:)

5. psychobubba

psychobubba fish,hunt,nut

this works good on my truck :!

[​IMG]

6. Shoot let's drive that badboy into the river and fish out of the bed. The warreyes will never see us coming!!!!

7. OMG! that would stick out like blaze orange!:D i'm trying to hide, not draw attention lol. i just sanded it down yesterday, might have to wait till this week after things dry out a bit. thinking on going with a "tiger-stripe" pattern. will post before and after pics when done. thanks for the advice swantucky!

8. Dink? You're not sexiest are ya :p ? Let the girl paint the camo!! LOL

9. psychobubba

psychobubba fish,hunt,nut

oh yes warreyes :D

10. see the "rednecked" the canoe thread:p