close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by bronzback, Jun 11, 2005.

1. I just bought a nitro bass boat about a month ago and I do alot of fishing by myself. I can completely put the boat in by myself without a problem.(Thanks to all the advice on here no doubt ;)) Believe it or not the problem I am having is putting the boat back on the trailer. It is the kind where you are supposed to drive the boat onto the trailor.(pads) It has a crank on it obviously, but is the kind that looks like a seat belt and they tell you not to crank the boat onto the trailer or I would. What is happening is that I am lined up pretty straight, I go to put the boat onto the trailer and the bow of the boat actually goes under the crank! Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Had boat like that and if i put trailer in the water to deep it would do that. I started dropping trailer into water far enough to get pads wet then pull out pretty shallow this allows for nose to stay higher by getting pads wet you can get boat up on trailer pretty easy might have to kick it a little harder but it will slide up for you. Hope that does the trick.