Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it to the LMR today for an hour or two, to check it out, since I fished the EFLMR for the last couple of weeks!

I caught a couple of smallies in the 10-12 inch range, when I threw my tube in a little eddie behind a rock in fast moving water!

Here is a short description on what happend next:
- Tap, tap... hookset...fish on!
- It goes with the current....ah, not really big!
- First jump...oh ****...:B
- Second jump...damn barely hooked!
- Third jump.... I'll never get it out!!!
- It goes for the rocks in the shallows...
- Feeling my line (braided) scratching the rocks..
- Next run...slack line..GONE!!!:(
- Threw everything I could find on the ground, jumped and yelled like a maniac...
- A couple of yakers asked me, if I need medical help...:D
- A cigarette later...

The better one won today, but I'll be back!

I'm pretty sure this fish would have topped my PB 19.75 incher!

I think most of you guys can feel my pain right now!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. We all have that one fish that we will never be able to get over. And I think that's why fishing is so addictive, always chasing the one that got away or searching for the biggest of the big. Another fishing story to share with fellow addicts. Losing a big one is just another reason to fish more!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
What pound braid are you throwing Master Von Fischa? My favorite is 12-15# line with 2# diameter, but I've noticed that anything under 15# tends to shred on me and often times breaks at the knots on a snag and sometimes a big fish. My 20# setups are indestructible, but very noticeable so I have to use fluoro leaders.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
that sux about the big fish...we have all been there before! Stay at it and hopefully you can hook up on the fall bite!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi House!
I use 12 lb braided an 10 lb fluoro leader!
The line didn't break, the smallie spit the hook (or the lure scratched a rock)!

However, I was devastated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts