close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Adding a seat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishintiger, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Ok now that I have just about everything done on my boat I have to add a seat for me to sit on while I cruise around. I am putting a seat in the front that will be on a pedistal but the seat in the back will just be on the bench that is back there. I need to know how to attach this seat. I was just going to put a couple of screws into the bench but I would have to take the chair off of the swival to be able to do that which isn't a problem. The problem is getting the seat back on to the swival. What do I need to get to beable to do this? It is driving my crazy trying to figure it out. Thanks guys.

fishintiger

2. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

unless you have small hands and short screws thats the only way i know of but it wont hold long ............ i bought short pedistal to put the seat on i think the smallest i found was 6in or so and it was cheep at walmart that way you can work on it ................or..............you can clamp on the seat but they allways seem to move no matter how tight you get it...........hope that helped.................jim :D

3. dip

dip dip

you could get a piece of 2x8 and anchor the seat swivel and all to the board with nuts/bolts/washers and then lag the 2x8 to the bench.

4. now that's an idea. i do have some left over 3/4 in ply wood that would work just fine for that. I think I have my answer. Thanks.