close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

add on humidifiers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Nov 8, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

anyone know anything about these or can recommend a good one to buy? i need to install one soon cause our house is so damn dry and the dogs are goin nuts..

thanks
    sowbelly

2. I have had 3 different houses with "Aprilaire" humidifiers.....they have done a nice job.

They are really pretty simple, and could be installed by a home owner, but mine came with the furnace.

3. I've had a couple of aprilaire's to and I agree with oldfox.

4. guy that works on my furnaces can probly get ya one a little cheaper if you don't mind a scratch or two on it. They are new. PM me if you want his number.

5. sowbelly101

thats 3 votes for aprilaires, ill take that as the one to go with.. justme where is your hvac guy located, i need to have one of these before the weekend. i located a dealer not more then a mile from where i work (hilliard) so that is really convienient for me. cost isnt as important as it is for me to get one of these installed right now, i got a pregnant wife that has had a sore throat for about 2 weeks and the dogs are keepin me up at night scratching. i know its the dryness of the house cause i spent a thousand bucks a few years ago trying to figure out why my shepherd was tearin his ears off... vet tried everything and my dad said, before you spend anymore money turn your furnace off for a few days and see if it goes away, the scratching that is... well i tried it and learned i should just burned 10 ben franklins instead of wasteing my time going to the vet....

thanks everyone
    sowbelly

6. right off norton road....real close to hilliard...I will call him first thing when i get up...which will be around 2.30 or 3...work that odd bar shift.....ask capt crown where i live..i will get ahold of him today...tuesday....it is about 3 am tuesday...Matt

7. scince cost is not a factor....i need a case of t-bones..some of those crappies i know you have in your freezer....lol...poker tourney about to start...gotta go..

8. We are also satisfied with the Aprilaire humidifier on our furnace. One thing seems rather stupid though, the installer mounted the humidistat right on the furnace in the basement where the air is always clammy & damp. We really need the controls to be upstairs where it's dry.

9. Net

I think the controls are based on outside temperature, so it doesn't matter where you locate them........just adjust to the average outside temperature as seasons change.

10. Ahhhhh...Thanks oldfox. Makes sense.

11. sowbelly101

anyone know how much water is used/wasted on avg with one of these aprilaires. neighboor told me he had one and it wasted alot of water. normally i wouldnt be concerned but where i live water is about as much as gold is...is there any truth in that or what..

by the way i went to that place i thought sold them, and they only sell them installed and im not droppin 500 bucks to have one installed....

thanks again
    sowbelly

12. The humidifier adds about $25-$35 to my monthly water bill during the winter. We don't have sanitary sewers or storm sewers where we live, so I'm only billed for water usage.

13. sow....4254861 ask for Gary tell him Matt told ya to call...