close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Actually going fishing today.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tpet96, Jul 1, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

:D Imagine that! LOL. Got some time off work, so my grandmother and I are goign to head out and do some fishing. This will be the 1st time in nearly 2 years that we have been able to spend some time on the bank. She loves to fish, and is the one that taught me to fish actually. Hopefully this will be a trend to continue the next couple of seasons, as her health has not been good as of late. Hope to have pics and a great story tonight!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

good luck and let us know how you do!

3. Thats great!!! Hope you guys have a great time, Stan ;)

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Hope you and your grandma have a great day! Enjoy it!

Tee

5. catking

catking Banned

Good deal Shawn !!! Have a great day buddy............ CATKING :)

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Well, the day panned out great! Didn't catch a heck of a lot, but we had a good time! My grandmother managed a handfull of gills and had a breakoff on a good carp. She landed a 9lb channel cat on one of my carp rods, best looking channel I've seen in 2 years! While she was playing that fish, my other carp rod took off and I ended up with a 20 at the net :) Managed a 13 not long after that and a break off due to an underwater tree, and that was about it. Great to be on the bank. Perfect weather. Couldn't have been much better. Pic of my 20 below!

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Even though you didn't catch a bunch, looks like you had a great day. Sounds like "Grandma" did to. Nice carp Shawn.

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

nice looking bank there...the water's color sure looks real familiar :D ..
    just got back in myself..saw many splashing around me, only 1 real taker..

10. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice fish and Im sure even a better day spent wetting a line.

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Actually Looker........I don't think you've fished here before :D I can almost bet you havent :)

12. Great job Shawn. Nice fish and glad you guys had a good time. That's the important part.