Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Water stained but wouldn't say muddy.... Water temp 72 when I got there, 74 when I left.....

Caught 6 saugeyes biggest 15 inches smallest 8 inches.... All caught on either a Rapala Jointed Shad Rap (blue/red color), which my son was using or a red billed Rapala Shad Rap (shad colored), which I was using. The crappie loved the crank my son was using he caught like 9... Both cranks were running around 8-12 ft.....

All fish were caught and released......

I'm going back out today.

See ya there!

I was trollin' at about 2.5 MPH.... Thanks to misfit for that pointer... I do have a question.... This very nice gentleman anchored down right in an area I had passed several times.... I'm not sure he saw me pass it but I'm thinkin' he had to have.... I tried trollin' next to him but he was right over where I wanted to go.... I saw him back at the dock and he said "I sat right there and caught my limit" I actually got a bit upset inside but congratulated him non the less.... I guess I should have just anchored down and went at it like he did....

I don't get mad I get glad freezer bags for my fish!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time I'll get to freeze a few.

Ha

·
Registered
349 Posts
Way to go there Gizz!!!

Between reading Misfit's, and Saugmon's posts - I have pretty much figured out how to work for Saugeye over at Acton Lake - So thanks goes to them guys for the honest help!

Now about that ol' fella sittin in yur' spot.... LOL!

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Way to go there Gizz!!!

Between reading Misfit's, and Saugmon's posts - I have pretty much figured out how to work for Saugeye over at Acton Lake - So thanks goes to them guys for the honest help!

Now about that ol' fella sittin in yur' spot.... LOL!
Was that you! I met you rick...... I met you and pendog the same day..... I'm pretty sure it wasn't? I only got 3 eyes today... 1 for the son and 2 for me.... All released. But then again I didn't do any trollin'

Should have I suppose.... There were like 6 boats crammed into the old beach area over by the cabins......

Maybe I'll go for the same tomorrow.... Not sure I may have service calls. Here's a picture of the little guy.....

The first thing my dad said when he saw this was WHERE IS HIS LIFE JACKET! I quickly explained, we were in 2 ft of water at the old beach and when my boat was moving his jacket was on. We left his new one at the uncles house and had to put his old one on him. It was a bit tight but still rated for 50lbs so he wore it. (hes 48) which is why he got a new one this year.

Later ya'll

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts