Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent my 15th anniversary fishing at Acton lake!:D It was the wifes ideal, no kids.
We caught a total of 7 fish. 1 blue gill, 4 crappie, 1 saugeye, and 1 sunfish. I had hooked a big saugeye but it shook the hook before I could land it. The wife cought the second saugeye right when I lost mine. It was the big fish of the day at 16.25 inches. We fished for about 2.5 hours.
It was the best anniversary so far!:D

Chris

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was there yesterday also. I fished from a boat near the lodge. I got a cat fish and some crappie. Everyone I saw was catching crappie. When I let a guy at the ramp had a limit of saugeye but they were small. I don't know why people keep those little 10 inchers. Where you in a boat or fishing from the bank? What part of the lake did you catch the saugeye and on wht kind if bait?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi.
I was there also yesterday from 4 pm to about 2 am. I was on both sides of the lake. I caught crappie on both sides, and gills on both sides also. As of yet - the big crappie still are hanging out in the deeper water, or in the flats, and around what little structure is available. Dusk from 7 pm to 9:30 showed for most of the action. Temps on my FF showed between 68 to 70 degrees.

Rick.

PS. If somebody could tell the monster cat that I fought for a good ten minutes - he owes me big time. When he went straight under my boat - he finally snapped the pole!

Cherrywood light casting / 6 pd stren gold / Shimano reel / Chartreuss Roadrunner with a yellow neon, Baileys magnet.

·
Registered
950 Posts
PS. If somebody could tell the monster cat that I fought for a good ten minutes - he owes me big time. When he went straight under my boat - he finally snapped the pole!

Did you see the fish? It may have been something other than a cat. :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Speaking of accidental cats … caught a 18+ on a fly rod Wednesday …. 80th oz jig tipped w/ wax worm! LANDED HIM (with help from my buddy with a net)

Caught 30 or so crappie, only 4 over 9” … Where are all the big ones?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there yesterday also. I fished from a boat near the lodge. I got a cat fish and some crappie. Everyone I saw was catching crappie. When I let a guy at the ramp had a limit of saugeye but they were small. I don't know why people keep those little 10 inchers. Where you in a boat or fishing from the bank? What part of the lake did you catch the saugeye and on wht kind if bait?
Cought the saugeye on the south side of the small peninsula. We were fishing with a jig that had a small tub on it. The colors were red tip, white body, and chartruse (spelling?) tail. We were in a boat. It is a 15foot Sea Ark.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts