close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acton Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bluegill1, May 23, 2007.

1. Tried out Acton on Mon. 5/21 and was disappointed only got about 9 crappie and 4 of them were 13 inches. not bad for a couple sandwiches but nothing else. Was dragging a minnow to catch the larger crappie and a roadrunner for everything else. Not a great day at all but relaxing.

Went back today 5/23 and it only got worse . Caught 2 nice saugeye's about 2 1/2 lbs each on roadrunners and about 5 little crappies that all went back in except the saugeyes which made a great supper.

What is everyone's opinion on the spawn is it over ? Has it even happened? Does anyone else agree that the weather has them all messed up? Eveyone I talked to today seemed stumped about the spawn. Carp and shad are still beating the banks to death, sure wish it was the crappies instead.

When I arrived surface temp was 66 6:30 am and when I left water temp was 71 at 11:30. But everyone thinks the spawn is over?

2. It's over Dude the last ones I caught about a week ago had already spawn.

3. I think some spawned early in april when the water reached 70, then it got cold, then some more spawned later, but now they've probably all spawned out...

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

The ones I caught on the 13th were in about 2 feet of water and had eggs waiting to be dropped. They are in there post spawn blues now.

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Yesterday I had the water temp anywhere from 75-81. We hit the bass pretty good, but the size was small.