Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried out Acton on Mon. 5/21 and was disappointed only got about 9 crappie and 4 of them were 13 inches. not bad for a couple sandwiches but nothing else. Was dragging a minnow to catch the larger crappie and a roadrunner for everything else. Not a great day at all but relaxing.

Went back today 5/23 and it only got worse . Caught 2 nice saugeye's about 2 1/2 lbs each on roadrunners and about 5 little crappies that all went back in except the saugeyes which made a great supper.

What is everyone's opinion on the spawn is it over ? Has it even happened? Does anyone else agree that the weather has them all messed up? Eveyone I talked to today seemed stumped about the spawn. Carp and shad are still beating the banks to death, sure wish it was the crappies instead.

When I arrived surface temp was 66 6:30 am and when I left water temp was 71 at 11:30. But everyone thinks the spawn is over?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think some spawned early in april when the water reached 70, then it got cold, then some more spawned later, but now they've probably all spawned out...

·
Crappie Hunter
1,321 Posts
The ones I caught on the 13th were in about 2 feet of water and had eggs waiting to be dropped. They are in there post spawn blues now.

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
Yesterday I had the water temp anywhere from 75-81. We hit the bass pretty good, but the size was small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts