close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acton Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cinis, Oct 6, 2004.

1. cinis

cinis

I am going with a buddy to fish for largemouth at Acton Lake and was wanting to know what to expect when I get there. It has probably been 15 years since I have been there. Does anyone know the water level, clarity or anything about it? I had gone to Brookville Lake 2 of the last 3 weekends and was shutout each time. The guy I was with did catch a 19 1/2 inch smallmouth that was wonderful looking.

Thanks.

2. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

I have done well all year at Acton lake. Some days better than others. I have had the most success by pitching 7" Berkely Bungee worms (Junebug or Blue flake) in any area that has brush in the water or grass beds. The main areas that I have done well have been on the beach side of the lake. It is a little more shallow but has lots of cover for the bass to hang out in. If you go over to the lodge side of the lake, I have done ok with throwing a tandem blade spinnerbait or deep running crankbaits. The bass seem to be bigger on that side but they are far and few between. The lake has plenty of bass to catch and have fun with. If I can be of any more help,just ask.

3. cinis

cinis

Thanks for the info. I have been away from fishing for about 10 years because of traveling for work. I am getting back into it this past summer and have enjoyed it a bunch. I am still rusty and several lures and lines have changed since I started. My brother and I used to go to Acton lake for crappies a long time ago and I liked it then. Hopefully, they haven't started lowering the lake any yet...

4. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I don't think they can. The spillway is the spill over type, not controlled by a gate on the bottom of the lake.

5. It was so low earlier this year that I do not think it would be high enough now to allow water to go over. There just hasn't been enough rain.