close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acton Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by OhioAngler, Jun 18, 2004.

1. OhioAngler

OhioAngler Snag Master

Has anyone been to Acton lake lately? What are the fishing conditions there? Are the bass and crappie hitting?

I've noticed that there isn't as wide of a span of fishing reports as there used to be with the other site. Could it be that not everyone has found this site yet?

2. catking

catking Banned

Most have found this site ;) ALOT are playing games in the arcade :rolleyes: But I believe we have many good reports on here for diffrent lakes, just not Acton. I also remember there wasn't alot of reports on Acton from the other site as well. There are a few lakes that fit this scenerio. Kiser, Loramie, Hargus.just a few I've noticed that don't get mentioned alot. Anyways, I'm glad you found the site ;) CATKING

3. I haven't been there in a month but typically it is a lot easier to catch bass at Action in the spring than the summer. Seems like they go deep starting in mid-June. Start out fishing the banks and keep an eye on your depth finder. If the bite is slow back off the banks and fish a deep cranker or carolina rig on the banks where your locator showed shad

4. A buddy and I went looking for a pond at Rush Run -- Anyone have any clues?

Anyways, we couldn't find it, so we ended up at Acton.

Couldn't put the boat in so we fished from the bank, by the fishing pier.
    I have 2 nice gills within a 1/2 hour.

Saw a nice (carp?) pulled in. It had an extreemly high dorsal fin.

Saw a nice 5lb bass pulled in out of the cove (1:30pm) on a green rattletap.

It was gettin pretty busy when we left

JC