Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acton Lake Sunday the 22nd

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CamdenGizzard, Jul 25, 2007.

1. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

Sunday the 22nd

25 Total fish
    2 Bass
    5 gills
    18 Crappie yes crappie in 3 1/2 foot of water up against a huge fallen tree.

What a great surprise!

Oh LOL we started at 11 AM and stopped at 2PM crazy stuff I know. All caught on Minnows.

Have fun

2. any size to the crappie?

3. Was there also but from 6am till 11am. cought 4 blue gills, 2 bass, 3 crappie, and 5 warmouths. The crappie were small about 6 inches. the bass were about 10 inches. Icought one bass and one gill at the same time.

4. iteech

iteech Shebasser

haven't heard that name since I left the south. I used to catch warmouth all the time--they look sort of like a big, dark bluegill--but here they call them ROCK BASS. :) I love to catch them--they're fun to land, and back in the day we used to eat them (because we were hungry) and they are very good eating. I don't know if there's actually a difference between these two fish...but a rock bass here is a warmouth to ME!
  5. 2 sep fish.....the rock bass is mostly brown with a red eye. I caught a nice mess in Michigan last week and you are right, they were tasty.

Good luck
  6. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

they were all 6-7 in pretty small.