Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on heading to Acton soon and wondered how it is for shore fishing. I've never been there before and wanted an idea of where to go. Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you walk the trail by the archery range along the side of the lake there are some pretty good spots. To get to some of them you have to hike a decent bit though. I usualy fish the area with a jig haed and swirl tail or just use nightcrawlers or minnows. You can also fish over by the boat house, theres usualy carp and catfish around the area all over. If you do that nightcrawlers or corn will probably be your best bet. Good luck let us know what you catch

·
Team Bowman/Sayres
477 Posts
crappies might be tough from the bank right now. Decent bass fishing along the bank, either side of the lake. Bluegills are thick on boat docks right now(and some dandies at that). Catfish fairly consistent from the bank, specially near drop-offs or thick cover. Dunno bout the saugeyes from the bank, but im sure its possible.

HB:G

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mueller has the right idea. Go to the trail behind the archery range - down to the dam, or one of the trails close to it. Deeper water, plenty of bait fish!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking of going there either Saturday or Sunday. Decided to go to CJ Brown this past weekend. Caught some small crappies and a few saugeyes. Nothing special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts