Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Elroderator
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fish were slow yesterday due to the high pressure front that went thru. It was rising all day yesterday peaking at around 30.31. I only caught 35 crappie all day and I fished 2 sessions, morning 7:45-11:30 and then evening 4:45-8:15. The only two lures I really caught fish on were Perl Swimmin Minnows and Smoke Sliders in around 4-6 ft of water. Of the 25 I kept 2 were female with very yellow non bloody eggs. This equals pre-spawn still. If I understand crappie correctly the males make the nests while the female feed then the female come in lay the eggs the male fertilizes them then the female move back out to deeper water to feed again. I think a combination of pre-spawn activity, high air pressure and high fishing pressure (people on the lake) Thinned them out. Good luck this week fishermen and fisherladys!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Professor Gizzard, er... I mean Camden Gizzard!
Me thinks your correct with your assessment. And I'm glad a bought a boat load of the Berkley, and Kalins curlytail grubs to throw with the RoadRunners.
I won't have a shortage of color combo's to toss at'em!

Rick.

PS. The fish I caught the other day... some were in less than 18 inches of water and others were in 6 to 8 feet.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts