close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acton Lake Bass

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BuckeyeBoy, May 2, 2004.

1. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

I braved the rain storms and went to Acton Lake yesterday. Between my fishing buddy and I, we put 12 bass in the boat. We must have missed at least that many also. They were all caught on in shallow water (1-4 feet) and they were holding tight on any wood cover. We were pitching red shad powerbait worms and 3/16 oz. Bitsy bug jigs with a craw trailer. The largest went about 17" and the smallest (mine of course) was about 10". They were all released unharmed to grow up to be someone else's fun someday. :)

2. juniormintz

juniormintz 4-Mile Fanatic

nice work. everyone i talk to say that it is a great lake for bass but i dont own a boat so there isnt anyway to get to the really good spots. i have managed a 17" out of the pool below the spillway but my guess is that there are some huge bass in that lake on account of all the shad.

3. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

I think it is a great lake for bass but you really need a boat to get to them. It is one of the few lakes that I can count on catching a least a few every time out. The 10 hp limit keeps the boat traffic down so there is plenty of space for everyone. :D