close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

acton lake 7/3/2004

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish4life, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Fished from about 6am to 10am. Caught a 4lb on a blue/chart bandit crank bait in about 10 foot of water. Caought 3 between 12 to 15" on a superspook jr. caught one on Blk/Blu jig off logs. Water temp in mid 80's by time I left. Alot of boats on lake when I left. Not a bad day on the lake but got hot quick :eek:

2. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

My son and I were also at Acton Lake on Saturday. We got there about 6:30 in the morning and there was already 9 boats in. We threw black/blue flake worms and jig/trailers on the edge of weed beds. We got 9 bass with two of them being keepers. As always all were released unharmed. The sun was getting hot and the lake was getting crowed so we left at 10:30. :eek:

3. OhioAngler

OhioAngler Snag Master

Is the water still real muddy from the dredging? What areas of the lake are best for bass? Crappie?? Any help appreciated!

4. BuckeyeBoy

BuckeyeBoy A Fool waiting on a jerk

I could not believe all the crap on my boat and trailer after I pulled it out. The water did not look that bad but it sure did leave a mark on the boat and trailer. I guess all of the dredging has left a lot of silt suspended in the water.

I usually fish for bass along the beach side of the lake until the water gets real warm. I throw a lot of plastic around the weed beds and downed trees. As the days get warmer I go over to the lodge side of the lake and throw cranks/spinnerbaits/carolina rigs. There is deeper water and bigger drop offs on that side of the lake.

Still has to be one of my favorite lakes for bassin. :)

5. Water is still pretty dingy. And you definately need to wash off the boat when your done. Near teh dam the water is clearing up pretty good.