Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was there today also. I got on the water at 7:30 and it was flat no wind at all. The wind rolled in about 9:45 and got stronger as the day went on. I was fishing for saugeye and didn't catch any, I did catch 2 cats both about 5 pound and that was it. I caught those trolling crank baits. The water was 82 on my hummingbird. The lake looked to be about a foor high with a lot of stuff floating around the north end. If that was you in the Ranger I saw you catch a bass on the point across from the lodge.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I was there as well, dorking around with the kids. Either of you have a reddish deep v with a 4hp mariner kicker? It was pulling out mid-afternoon.

We hiked up one of the trails and pulled a few bluegills out of the creeks. Nothing spectacular but we did see a ton of baby spotted bass in the creek along Cedar Falls Trail. I first saw what I thought were dead ones laying on their sides on a wet ledge above the pool, but they turned out to be alive. We pushed these ones into the deeper water and noticed all these guys:

All about 1.5" long, trying to move against the current over a foot high waterfall. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were out in my 12 ft camo john boat, First time ive fished action due to hp limit so had to get a smaller boat for the small lakes. Usually fish the dead sea but probably will stay away until fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts