close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Action Lake Spillway and waters below the dam

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wally Diver, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Has anyone been fishing the spillway below the dam at Action lake. If so what are the conditions there and is anyone getting any saugeyes down there. I know this spring it was good down there.

2. i'd be interested to know the water levels below the dam this time of year. if i were to try to wade as far as i can south, how deep is it?

3. :( there is no water running as of last thursday. i hiked up to the spillway and it was full of dead catfish bones everywhere its not very deep and it doesnt look good down there. i wished i would have taken some pictures but it sucked down there dont waste your time. it seemed to me that it was about 3 to 4 feet deep avg.

4. How is the lake level? Any chance they might need to open her up in the next few days?

5. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

I was canoeing there Sunday, and the lake seemed low. I wouldn't count on any discharge soon.

6. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Acton is a overflow style dam. The only opening up will be a good downpour. The lake level was good and the water looks good.