Action Lake Report 8/17

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Wally Diver, Aug 17, 2007.

1. I fished Action Lake today Got on the water at 8:30 AM the day started slow then I started catching Crappie. I ended up with 2 dozen nice ones by 3:pM.
    I saw some other people catching small cat fish and one guy said he had caught 2 nice bass. All the fish I caught came out of 13 to 20 feet of water south of the beach. I tried for saugeye but no luck locating them.

2. Whay size were the crappie and did you get them on minnows? Thanks

3. Hi Wally.

My guess you were below the little island there on the right.
    I actually think that with the dingy water - they sometime
    bite better during the mid day! What was the color of the
    water? Jigs, or Minnows?

Thanks!
    Rick.

4. All were caught on a silver chatter bait jig. vertical jigging. Yes I was south of the sugar camp. The water was dingy I have never seen that lake clear. the lake is also about 2 feet low. There wasn't a drop going over the spillway.

5. I was out there from 7:00am to 10:00am. Managed three bass on blue/redflake zoom worms. First was 18.5 inches, nice and fat for late summer, a 14 incher and a 12 incher. Lake wasn't too crowded for a saturday. Saw a lot of kids out on the lake tearing up the bluegill! I fished from the lodge to the dam and caught the larger in about 15 fow off of a fallen tree, then went back up towards the shallow dam side and caught 2 in about 3-4 fow off of brush and stumps. Water was down about 2-2.5 feet and very muddy. Surface temp was 80-82 F.

J