Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished Action lake today and caught a dozen or more catfish we had a half dozen pushing 20 inches. We also caught some crappie, bluegill, and one 18 1/2 inch saugeye. Most of the cats were caught on chicken liver a few on night crawlers and the saugeye was caught on a night crawler fished on the bottom the crappie were caught on jigs and twisters. The water was calm and 76 degrees and the lake was at normal summer pool. There were not many boats out today only 4 trailers in the lot when we got there at 7:30 this morning. That is the least amount I have seen there all year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how is the night fishing at action? anybody no . i was thinking about going up one night . any body have any input thanks P.A.D

·
Registered
226 Posts
It is "Acton Lake", not "Action". I only point it out because I've seen it repeated so many times that I think it might stick.

I also cringe when I see the official park signs at the lake saying no motors over 10 HP "accept" to trailer your boat.

Somebody got paid big tax payer dollars to screw that up a bunch of times.

Again, I apologize for the whiney post... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ya let me no how you done . i well be going up saterday night around 10:00 intell ???????? i have been there in the day i like the lake would like to try night thanks P.A.D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fished from 830pm till about 1am. Caught 5 lm and 1 Catfish. Caught 2 before it got dark on a topwater frog and a crankbait. All other Bass were caught on a 1/2 oz BooYah Moon talker spinnerbait including the Catfish. I fished just the spinnerbait after dark but could have probably caught a few on a Jig or worm if I was only fishimg them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts