close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Access to GMR at Moraine/West Carrollton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TommyV, Jul 16, 2007.

1. TommyV

TommyV tommyv

Folks: Could you please give me the specific location/directions on how to access the GMR (i.e. boat launch) near these communities? I see boats out on the GMR from I-75 but I don't know where they are accessing the river. Is this a decent stretch of bass (LM and SM) water? Thanks much.

Tommy V.

"Women want me...fish fear me.":) :confused:

2. Tommy, you can access the river from a crude ramp right above the dam on Hydraulic road.( mapquest it) heavily pressured and tons of idiots waterskiing and partying , fishing is decent but I certainly would not target this area for LM or SM. Its a decent place to run the boat before a real fishing trip though....for testing purposes, Ive done that many times.

Salmonid

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Oh you mean over at J.S.C. ?

(Jet Ski Central) :D

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

there's another ramp @ river road just N of Dryden exit. That stretch is better for smallies from a motorboat and if you're adventurous you can run it almost to dryden rd...that bend just down from there is good.TC1

5. TommyV

TommyV tommyv

Much obliged fellas. ;) I think I will try that River Road ramp. I appreciate the insight on the traffic at the other locations. I can do without jet skis!!!

6. Tall Cool one is right but you had better be careful, at the present flows, youll never make it over the riffle above the sewage plant without getting out and walking the boat through. ( the riffle is all conrete rip rap a few inches under the surface) I was up there last week and hit bottom several times with my flat bottom john and the motor tilted just to get up to the that spot. No way your getting through that one without replacing your prop. Like I said, tons of idiots down there, wakeboarders, jet skiers, water skiers and party boats will test your bilge pump. Youve been warned!

Salmonid

7. TommyV

TommyV tommyv

The water is low right now. I am going to float it first and test the depth with my oars. I am glad you mentioned this. My 5.5 Evinrude is 45 years old and still has the original prop! I am not too anxious on replacing it at this stage. Much obliged.:(

8. the west carrllton dam is only about 2 feet deep right now starting about 5 feet from the boil.

9. also watch the ramp on eastriver rd. if you go over the concret its about 1 1/2 foot drop your trailer will get stuck.not that iv ever done it at 4 am... but i do know it takes 2 people to get one unstuck

10. H2O Mellon

Or you put your Jeep in four wheel drive, back up even more, to where you exhause in under water and you gun the Jeep, popping the trailer up and over the drop off. Not that I've ever done it either........ :eek:

11. howd you know i pull it with a jeep... stalker. i got one to beat that even. so its 4 am and about to storm. i tie to the east river dock the dock tie in back the aka the broken one im backing my trailer in and my boat is in the middle of the river. so like Forrest gump i had to swim to get it

12. H2O Mellon

ha, ha, ha...... I was talking about myself! I drive a red Jeep Cherokee!!!! :p :D Sounds like we've done the same thing! :eek: