close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Acadia Sports Graphite Rods

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jmenchhofer, Nov 26, 2007.

1. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

I got something in the mail a few weeks ago from a company called Acadia Sports, out of Irving, TX. They are running an "introductory offer" on "professional quality graphite rods", buy one for $39.95, get one free.

Has anyone heard anything about this company, or better yet, tried their rods? The offer is intriguing, but sounds maybe a little to good to be true. By the way, their website is below, for anyone who may be interested in checking it out.

www.acadiasports.com

2. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Sure do look good, don't they! I'm thinking of trying one, or in this case..2! I saw some names and advertisers I might check with first, don't know just yet. Of course, I'm not sure if I really need a few more rods, but that probably won't stop me either....:D Will be watching to see if anyone has bought one....hope they chime in if they have!

3. Got the same flyer aand am also TEMPTED.
    Hope we get a post from a user..........:D

4. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

Maybe, just MAYBE, I'll order a couple for the benefit of all the OGF members out there and let you know what I think of them! ;)

5. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

6. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I just got their advertisement too. Has anyone tried them yet?

7. As I see it, there is no way anyone can sell a "quality" rod at two for $39. If they were so good, why have we not heard about them based on 80,000 customers? 80,000 customers equates to 160,000 rods. Must be coming out of some Chinese sweat shop with low end graphite.

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i dont know about the rods, but i was checking out their site and found this photo of a 20# freshwater drum (sheephead for us erie anglers:p )

Attached Files:

9. Look at those rods as pictured and compare them to cabelas lower end pro guide rods which sell for about the same price (2008). Both of ours snapped this past year and we won't miss 'em much, they were pretty much junk.....Yes made in china. My 12 year pro guide is still a joy to fish with but cabelas must have decided to cheapen them down. Shame.

10. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Words of wisdom.